Roundhouse Barn Holidays Green Tourism Policy
Roundhouse Barn Holidays consists of five star self catering cottages and Bed and Breakfast accommodation. We have endeavoured, since we moved here in 2007 to reduce the negative impact we have on the environment without compromising the holiday experience of our guests.
Through membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme we are committed to:
- Following good environmental practice in all business activities.
- Ensuring the business meets the minimum requirements set out in law and fulfils its duty of care in relation to waste disposal.
- Ensure that we minimise any harmful effects and maximise the beneficial influences of our own activities.
- We have our boilers serviced regularly to ensure they are running efficiently.
- We have nearly completed our changeover to low energy light bulbs.
- As we replace electrical appliances we are doing so with those that have energy efficient ratings.
- We use local products or suppliers wherever we can ensure they provide quality products at a reasonable price.
- We use local suppliers to deliver to us, saving fuel.
- We try to provide seasonal food.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- We try to reduce fuel consumption and encourage guests to do so.
- We recycle as much as we can and compost waste and encourage guests to do likewise.
Be Water Wise
- We use rainwater storage tanks to water the garden when necessary.
- We try to reduce water consumption and encourage guests to do likewise.
- As we need to replace plants in the garden we are doing so with shrubs that will not need watering.
- We regularly pick up litter and bring it home from Turnaware Beach.
- We feed the birds and are members of the RSPB.
- We supply Ecover products in our cottages and also use recycled toilet paper and paper towels.
From our guests...
“Lovely weather, lovely cottage. Thank you for the cream team on arrival. Delicious!”
The Easoms - Felsted, Essex (June 2008)