Roundhouse Barns Responsible Visitor Charter
At Roundhouse barns we believe in responsible tourism and we have provided some information on the things we do, but there are things you can do whilst you are on holiday to promote sustainable tourism:
- Conserve energy - Reduce energy consumption by switching off lights and by turning down the heating when you do not need them.
- Leave your car behind for a day - there are lots of lovely local walks you can do without using your car - see the Roseland Parish walks leaflets in your cottage/room or look at the Fal River Links/Enterprise Boats brochure to see how to get around without using your car.
- Shop Local - Use local products and suppliers- there are farm shops at the Lost Gardens of Heligan (Lobbs) or Humfrey's just the other side of Tregony.
- Andy Day is the local butcher at Portscatho, where there is also an independent supermarket, Ralphs that stocks lots of local produce. Truro has a great Farmers Market every Saturday on Lemon Quay from 9.00am to 4.00pm.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - We have left a Lobbs farm shop bag in each cottage for you to use whilst you are here to avoid using plastic carrier bags There are recycling boxes for paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, cans and glass by our dustbins. There is also a compost crock in each cottage for you to recycle food waste - if it gets full the composter is up on the vegetable patch near the car park. If you are in the Bed and Breakfast pop your papers/bottles by your waste bin and we will recycle them for you.
- Be Water Wise - Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, wait until you have a full load of washing or dishes to do before using the machines. In the Bed and Breakfast think before you leave your towels in the shower for us to wash them.
- Respect Nature - Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle ways responsibly.
- Support Other Green Tourism Businesses- There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme - have a look at www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
From our guests...
“Our 3rd visit and they just get better. A warm and friendly welcome from Mark, Barbara & Barney, and, sheer delight - a cream tea! A marvellous start to our week's stay. Good luck to you both for the future.”
Nick & Ann - Bristol