Walking on the Roseland and the Coastal Path
The great thing about Cornwall is that it enjoys the mildest climate in Britain. Guests can enjoy walking here not only in the summer months, but also early and late in the year, when other parts of the country are still in winter plumage.
The western-most edge of the Roseland Peninsula is a place of open fields, windswept coastline, secluded bays and ancient woodland. Some of the Roseland's most beautiful walks are accessed from the top of our winding driveway - from 45 minute ambles up to full day hikes.
Click also on the link to read a very entertaining article published in the Daily Telegraph in 2001 about walking on the Roseland. We think it captures the essence of the Roseland!
Cornwall Coastal Path
The coast of Cornwall, one of the most beautiful coastlines in England. From towering cliffs, windblown estuaries, superb surf beaches, fishing coves, harbours, to sheltered tree lined creeks, even an island topped by a castle. The Cornwall Coastal Path Coast Footpath makes so much of it accessible to the walker and hiker. Many of the most stunning parts of the Coastal Path are within easy reach from Roundhouse Barns.
Books and Maps
We have a large selection of books and Ordnance Survey Maps available to suit all our guests needs. Please come and have a chat with us if you want some suggestions. A few of our favourite books/maps are listed below, if you wanted to buy rather than borrow.
- Walk the Cornish Coastal Path (Collins) ISBN 0-00-448929-2
- Pub walks along the Cornwall Coastal Path (Countryside Books) ISBN 1-85306-860-8
- Classic Walks Cornwall - 60 Circular Routes (Norton Publishing) ISBN 0-9525204-2-7
- Classic Walks Cornwall 2 - 60 Circular Routes (Norton Publishing) ISBN 0952-5204-6-X
- Short Walks from Cornish Pubs (Countryside Books) ISBN 1-85306-329-0
- Falmouth & Mevagissey Ordnance Survey Explorer Map (No. 105)
- The Lizard, Falmouth and Helston Ordnance Survey Explorer Map (No. 103)
Try the Best Walks website - a price comparison site for books and maps on walking in Cornwall.
If you wish to link up with our local Roseland Ramblers contact Les Ellyatt on 01326 270668. Alternatively click on the attached link