Walking on the Roseland & the Cornish Coastal Path
Roundhouse Barns is situated within easy reach of some of Cornwall’s best walks. The great thing about Cornwall is that it enjoys the mildest climate in Britain which means guests can enjoy walking here at any time of year.
The most western edge of the Roseland Peninsula is a place of open fields, secluded bays and ancient woodland. Some of the Roseland’s best walks are accessed from the top of our driveway - from 45 minute ambles to full day hikes, they’re suitable for anyone.
The Daily Telegraph published a fascinating article about walking on the Roseland, we think it captures the essence of the Roseland!
Cornish Coastal Path
The Cornish Coast Path runs for 258 miles around Cornwall. From towering cliffs, windblown estuaries and superb surf beaches, many of the most beautiful parts of the Coastal Path are within easy reach from Roundhouse Barns. The Cornwall Coastal Footpath makes so much of it accessible to the walker and hiker.
Books and Maps
We have a large selection of books and Ordnance Survey Maps available to suit all our guests’ needs. Please come and have a chat with us if you want some suggestions. A few of our favourite books/maps are listed below, if you wanted to buy rather than borrow.
- Walk the Cornish Coastal Path (Collins) ISBN 0-00-448929-2
- Pub walks along the Cornwall Coastal Path (Countryside Books) ISBN 1-85306-860-8
- Classic Walks Cornwall - 60 Circular Routes (Norton Publishing) ISBN 0-9525204-2-7
- Classic Walks Cornwall 2 - 60 Circular Routes (Norton Publishing) ISBN 0952-5204-6-X
- Short Walks from Cornish Pubs (Countryside Books) ISBN 1-85306-329-0
- Falmouth & Mevagissey Ordnance Survey Explorer Map (No. 105)
- The Lizard, Falmouth and Helston Ordnance Survey Explorer Map (No. 103)
Try the Best Walks website - a price comparison site for books and maps on walking in Cornwall.
If you wish to link up with our local Roseland Ramblers contact Les Ellyatt on 01326 270668. Alternatively click on the attached link