There are very few guarantees in life. But there’s three things we can guarantee when it comes to a holiday at Roundhouse Barns…
You’ll be able to relax and unwind in one of our lovely cottages, you’ll get a warm Cornish welcome and you won’t be stuck to find things to do.
The Roseland and surrounding areas are some of the best spots in the county for finding brilliant things to see and do. So much so that you’ll never be able to fit everything in with just one visit.
To get you started, we’ve put 20 of our favourite things together for you to work through and tick off while you’re here. See how many you can manage!
- Enjoy a cream tea in our gardens.
- Visit St Mawes and walk up to the castle.
- Tuck into fish and chips at Rick Stein’s Fish in Falmouth.
- See if you can spot sunbathing seals on Black Rock from the St Mawes Ferry.
- Fly down the SkyWire zip wire at the Eden Project.
- Let the chains take the strain on the King Harry Ferry before a gentle stroll around Trelissick Gardens. (And make sure you pose for a selfie with Phileas & Fogg!)
- Have a light lunch at the Hidden Hut.
- Lace up the walking boots and hike to St Anthony’s Lighthouse with its magical views across Falmouth Bay.
- Take a cooking class at the fabulous Philleigh Way Cookery School.
- Pop open a bottle of Camel Valley, Cornwall’s very own ‘champagne.’
- Get cosmopolitan with a trip to Truro with its shops, eateries and cathedral.
- Take your shoes and socks off and dip your feet in the sea at Carne Beach – recently named one of the best in the world!
- Treat yourself to a traditional pub lunch at the King’s Head in Ruan Lanihorne.
- Fire up the BBQ in our gardens and cook Mark’s world-famous mackerel recipe.
- Head further afield to the stunning north coast. We recommend Watergate Bay and lunch at Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen.
- Watch the world go by while soaking up the ‘cafe culture’ in one of Falmouth’s coffee shops. We love Espressini and Good Vibes Cafe which you can find on the Moor.
- Cornwall has a great arts scene. Try and catch a show at the Hall for Cornwall, Falmouth University or the breathtaking Minack Theatre.
- Discover the Lost Gardens of Heligan, one of the nation’s best loved gardens.
- Have time out in one of Cornwall’s many galleries. Obviously there is the Tate in St Ives but we have plenty of smaller ones closer to home.
- Last but not least, explore Poldark Country, home of the BBC’s latest historical heartthrob!
There’s all this to do and more. Let us know what your favourite things are or if there’s anything you’ve missed.
So be quick, book your break at Roundhouse Barns, check out the Special Offers – and if you have missed your preferred dates for 2016 then why not be prepared and book ahead for 2017!